Mexico is the place to go to if you’re looking for calm beaches, beautiful structural wonders like pyramids and cathedrals, and unique variety of food. You can also immerse yourself in their rich culture reflected in their clubs, museums, and theaters.
The main requirement if you’re travelling to Mexico by plane, car, or ship, is to have your passports. Just make sure you’re not in the no-fly list and you can travel to Mexico.
First of all, one must have a valid passport when entering Mexico. Border officials do not have access to US Criminal records and have no way of verifying any felony charges.
If you are talking a cruise ship to Mexico but would not get off the port, passport is not required. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to set foot in their borders.
However, even after crossing the border one must not get involved in any grounds for being detained. Any law violation inside Mexico may aggravate your charge. In such cases, you need to have a legal assistance.
There are reports of tourists who have previously committed sex offenses who have been detained. This has been made possible due to the database of sex offenders that can be accessed by the public. This website is maintained by Office of Sex Offender Sentencing, Monitoring, Apprehending, Registering, and Tracking.
Finally, keep in mind that State Department of Mexico states that they have the right to deny tourists who have committed serious crime. Serious crime is defined as those that have negative effect on values and morals of society.
Reasons To Travel To Mexico
Whether it is for relaxing, surfing, or snorkeling on their vast beaches, the Mexico has a lot to offer. The top recommended beaches are Playa del Carmen, Tulum, and Cancun.
It also has a vibrant culture and history which is reflected on their structures, streets, and clothing. With the cities filled with the friendliest locals, immersing in their culture is something to look forward to.
A trip to Mexico is also very affordable. You get a great value for every single penny that you spend.
Lastly, don’t pass up the opportunity to experience the local flavors from the street stalls to their restaurants. If you’re also a fan of alcoholic drinks, Mexico is known from Tequila and Mezcal.
Requirements To Enter Mexico
You can enter the beautiful country of Mexico by accomplishing a few requirements.
- Tourist visit visa – if you are not in the country’s no-visa list, or you are going to exceed 180 days in the country visa is required.
- Visitor’s Permit – if you are coming from countries that don’t require visa, you only need to fill up a visitor’s permit that is available either on Mexican airports handed out by crews, in immigration checkpoints if you’re travelling by land. They charge $22 for Mexican Tourism.
- Passport – birth certificates or driver’s license is now replaced with passports as a requirement when travelling through air.
- Passport Cards – if you are a US citizen travelling by only either land or sea, a cheaper option than acquiring passport is to have passport cards. This can be acquired in US State Department Site.
For people conducting business activities, additional requirements may be needed.
- FM-N 30 DAYS – this permits a business to be done in the borders, not including employment, for 30 days.
- Business visit visa – this is only required if you are either not in the no-visa list, or you are performing business for more than 180 days.
Are you looking for a quick weekend getaway, or are you planning to bask in the warm weather? Then Mexico is the place to go.